Pack your bags, we’re moving to Canvas! Migrate or rebuild your courses in Canvas throughout the Spring and Summer of 2020. Work with your Canvas/IT Contact to move, learn, and unpack your course(s) to be prepared to teach in Canvas in the Fall.
Transitioning to Canvas is a multi-step process, best described as “moving, learning, and unpacking”. Rest assured, you will be guided and supported throughout the process!
- Move. You can have your courses migrated or build them new in Canvas. Communicate what needs to be moved with your Canvas/IT Contact.
- Learn. There are multiple learning opportunities available.
- Unpack. Once you are in Canvas, unpack/set up your course and make it yours. You can choose to do this whenever is most convenient for you. If you are not teaching a course for another semester or so, unpack/set up your course when best fits your schedule.
- Build Your New Course. There are multiple learning opportunities to familiarize yourself with Canvas.
- Migrating Course Materials. Help will be provided to migrate your course(s). We will guide you through the process of setting up your course(s). Here are three easy steps to follow:
- Meet with your Canvas/IT Contact to discuss and determine which courses you want to be transferred out of Sakai and into Canvas.
- Your Canvas Contact will provide the transition team with the Sakai Course ID number within Sakai.
- Once receiving confirmation your course(s) has been moved, log in to Canvas to accept the course invitation(s), and review your course(s).
- Ensure your documents have transferred over to Files
- Explore the tools within Canvas
- Contact your Canvas or IT Contact with questions
- To use one of your migrated courses for the current or upcoming term, follow these instructions.
Sakai Historical Data
Beginning in September of 2020, Sakai will be placed into a Read-Only Mode until August of 2021. During Read-Only Mode, you will be able to log into Sakai, view course information, and download files. You will not be able to create a new site or add/update information to an old site.
After August 2021, you will no longer be able to log into Sakai. Data will be stored as a University archive to be accessed as needed for accreditation requirements, grade disputes, and legal inquiries.